Customer Service Advisor
Location - Liverpool
Salary - £24,700 per annum plus excellent benefits including: Private Medical Care including GP services, Life assurance covering x8 times basic salary, Pension Contribution up to 12%, 25 days holiday allowance plus bank holidays, with the option of buying or selling 5 days per year, plus many more benefits
Shift Pattern Working 5 days out of 7, rotating shift patterns between 7am and 11pm Monday Sunday.
As a Barclays Specialist Customer Care Colleague, you will be making a real difference to the lives of our customers. In each interaction you will be providing the customer with that personal touch, demonstrating support, and understanding and working with them until all their needs are met. If you are a great listener and truly care about people, this is the role for you.
Full training will be provided, you will be placed within a supportive team who will be there to guide and coach you to ensure you have all the tools you need to truly succeed as a specialist customer care colleague. We are passionate about making Barclays a great place to work and a great place to develop your career.
Our organisation is rapidly expanding, and we re excited to be recruiting for a variety of roles within our Mortgage, Fraud, Everyday Business Banking, and Smart Investors teams. Our goal is to build an inclusive and dynamic environment, made up of a vast range of talents, perspectives, and ideas.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality, and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
We re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognizes and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers and clients needs. Whether you have family commitments or you re a career, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility, then please discuss this with the hiring manager, and your request will be reviewed subject to business needs.
We are implementing a hybrid working environment, which means that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. We re flexible on how this works and it may continue to change and evolve. Depending on your team, typically this means that colleagues spend a minimum of between 20% to 60% of their time in the office, which could be over a week, a month, or a quarter. However, some colleagues may choose to spend more time in the office over a typical period than their role type requires. We also have a flexible working process where, subject to business needs, all colleagues globally can request work patterns to reflect their personal circumstances.
What will you be doing?
- Providing excellent customer service and responses on behalf of Barclays through various communication channels
- Working as one team across multiple channels, you will personalise each interaction with a customer, providing support and outcomes to best suit their needs
- Fulfilling customer requests whilst demonstrating professionalism and empathy to ensure they feel valued
- Demonstrating knowledge of our processes/policies to ensure that customers feel confident in our colleagues, and knowing when to escalate where appropriate
- Educating our customers on a range of products and services as well as the different channels they can utilize to engage with us directly
- Investigating emotive and complex customer and client queries, concerns and complaints related to an extensive range of products
- Understanding a customer s financial position through listening to customer s specific circumstances and tailoring the relevant solution to their needs
What we re looking for
- Strong communication, customer service and empathy skills, with the ability to use a range of communication styles to provide a personal approach
- Proven ability to use Microsoft Office
- The ability to educate our customers on a range of products and services
- A genuine passion for helping others with a customer centric mindset
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Ability to work seamlessly as part of a team but also to their own initiative
- Experience in Retail Banking is desired but not essential, as we are looking for people that are passionate about customer service
Where you will be working?
Our Wavertree Park site has recently been renovated into a modern contact centre, offering a warm and friendly environment. You will have access to our on-site staff canteen. Our Wavertree Park train station is within walking distance from the site and there are bus links into the Technology Park